The Criterion release of Time Bandits ports over features from the original LaserDisc release. We get an audio commentary with director Terry Gilliam, actor/co-writer Michael Palin, and actors Craig Warnock, John Cleese, and David Warner. All of them were recorded separately for this edited track.
Gilliam dominates the track as he covers many components of the production. Actually, he goes over pretty much everything; from sets to stunts to effects to the origins of the story to the script to working with the actors, it’s all here. Gilliam tosses in a lot of great stories from the set as well and makes his part fun and entertaining. Warnock shows up the second highest amount of time and he gives us a nice “kid’s eye” view of the proceedings. Palin lets us know how he and Gilliam collaborated on the script and provides a few other details about the flick. Warner and Cleese give us some notes related to their parts and help flesh out the commentary. Overall it’s a very solid and informative discussion.
- Time Bandits Dialogue Transcript
7 Notes/ Hide
- faithaskii likes this
- theledsabbathdoor likes this
- graphicconsiderations likes this
- acharlescoleman reblogged this from cinephilearchive
- mrkoche reblogged this from cinephilearchive
- aliaena reblogged this from cinephilearchive
- eternallyoptimisticmetsfan reblogged this from cinephilearchive
- quatorz likes this
- cinephilearchive posted this